Chris Szeto (physiotherapist â€“ presents on Geriatrics & Mobility in Emergency
) and Heather Burnett and Karen Gilbert (both occupational therapists â€“ presenting on Occupational Therapy
) discuss mobility and function as indicators for safe discharge in older adults.
- To be able to know when to refer to OT/PT.
- To be able to know the unique functional mobility needs of the elderly patients.
- To be able to know if it is safe to mobilize a patient.
- To be able to know how mobilization can enhance the condition of the patient.
- To identify key issues http://propeciafinasteridestore.com related to functional abilities for ADLs and IADLs that may prevent d/c home or require home follow up referral.
- Roles of OT/PT on ER
- Red flags/functional alerts
- Special limitations of the elderly
- Quick test prior to mobilize a patient
- maximize functional mobility
- decrease falls
- decrease length of stay
- decrease frequency of re-admission